The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ohio trip - Part 1

Well, where should I start?  Should I start with one of the kids throwing up Licorice?  The best BLT samich (we watch too much Duck Dynasty at our house) we had?  My friends' wedding?  Teething?  The sleeping arrangements in the hotel?  How my husband and I spent our 5 year wedding anniversary?  How my husband spent his 30th birthday??  Well, sit back and enjoy the ride, you will hear about all those amazing stories and more here on my blog about our trip to OHIO!!  

Well, first off, we got on the road about an hour and a half later than I wanted to.  Then, once we got everything and the kids loaded up into the car, the DVD player wasn't cooperating.  Once that worked we could only get one of the headphones to work.  Are you kidding me??  So, Peter and Abigail took turns watching movies with the ONE headphone!

 A few hours down the road, this is what it looked like.  It was nice and peaceful.  Even the baby was quiet.

 When I see this sign, it's a good feeling because that means we are halfway there.  It takes us about 3 1/2 - 4 hours to get across Illinois!!  I must also tell you that the kids have been snacking on licorice and sitting in the way back of the Suburban.  Keep that in mind for my next story I will have for you!

 We have finally reached Indianapolis!  Our halfway/lunch destination - The Barking Dog Cafe.  It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri!  You can see the video clip here from the show.  It is a really cute cafe where dogs are welcome too (outside only of course).

 
 Now, the BLT samich!  They cure their own bacon and load up the samich with it, put a tomato jam on one slice of bread, a basil mayo on the other slice, and only a couple pieces of lettuce.  Oh my goodness, it was heavenly goodness in a samich!!  It is by far the best BLT I have ever had.  If I wasn't full I probably would have asked for another!

 So, yes, I had to look like a tourist and take a picture of this!  So cool!  This is the 1st Triple D restaurant we have been to and I don't think it will be the last.  Now, to find an excuse to go back through there.  Hmmm...

 The next state sign - OHIO!  We are almost there!

Oh, and getting back to the licorice.  Can you see Abigail is in a whole new outfit now?  She was in pink, now she's in purple!!  Well, that's because we had a little incident with TOO much licorice and sitting in the way back of the Suburban!  I was not ready for that.  Luckily, that happened when we stopped for lunch so we were able to air out the car while we were eating.

Well, that's the 1st day.  Stay tuned for Part 2 tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor Abigail! But man that samich sounds AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to our first DDD place in Milwaukee in September! It won't be the last time. It's so fun to seek those places out.

    ReplyDelete