The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 14, 2013

The jobs of a full-time mother

How many jobs does a mother actually have?  Why is it that when you say you are a SAHM you get the response, "oh, that's all?" or another one I like, "don't you need or want to get out?"  Why is it that when you FINALLY get that chance to go out with your girlfriends all you talk about are your kids?   Well, probably because you love them for one and secondly, they are your life/job 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  It is not a 9 to 5 job that you can punch in and out of.  Some days it would be nice though, right??  Well, I made a list of all the jobs I have as a mother.  Some of you new mothers out may not have all these jobs, but as kids get older, I seem to add another job onto my resume.

A mother's job is...

* a listener

* a homework checker

* a chauffeur

* a nurse

* a hugger

* a kisser

* a tickler

* a good tucker inner

* a mediator between arguments

* and a referee

* a private chef

* a baker

* a book reader

* a hider

* and a seeker

* a disciplinarian

* a rocker (in the chair, but sometimes I have to rock 'n roll too)

* a cuddler

* a maid

* a grocery shopper

* a tutor

* a diaper changer

* a seamstress

* a teacher

Yep, that seems about right.  I know I have missed some, but those are my popular ones.  Feel free to comment and add a job that you do that I didn't include.  Every family is different so please tell me what you do!

Well, I better get going!  My break is almost up and my bosses (Abigail and Maison) are getting upset!  Have a great day everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Very true! As they get older you can add: language interpreter (teenage boys tend to just "grut" answers to you), prayer warrior-especially as they begin to scatter around the country and globe, and the scariest of all: driving instructor! Bet you can't wait now! -Rhonda

    ReplyDelete