The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ohio Trip - Part 3)

So, now for the final post of my Ohio trip, but the fun part - the day of my dear friend Lynn's wedding!  Where should I start?  We have been friends since high school, in the marching band together, gave guys nicknames so they wouldn't know we were talking about them, stuffed toilet paper down our shirts to toilet paper a neighbor's house, discovered we both liked chocolate pate, and many many more stories!  I am so SO happy for her!  The wedding was really special and the MOST GLORIFIED wedding I have ever been to.  When my husband and I got married we knew it was going to be forever and we took our vows very seriously.  Lynn and her husband Ken wrote their own vows and made it more about God and then the 2 of them!  The bride and groom did a religious act called, "Washing of the Feet", which is explained in the book of John:

John 13:14–17, He instructs them, "If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.  For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.  Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.  If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them."

It was Godly, glorifying, beautiful, and wonderful.



Prior to the wedding, I had to take a picture of Abigail's hair.   Anyone who knows my daughter, knows that it does NOT stay like this for long, about an hour or so.  I had to get a picture of it before it looked like she slept on it AND before she started jumping on the hotel bed!!




Rare moment here - I had to get it on camera.  They are actually both smiling!  Normally, one is forcing the other one for a hug and you start getting the whines!!  


The bride and groom - Mr and Mrs Ken York!!  She has been patiently waiting for God to bring her a Godly man and He has done just that!  I have never seen her so happy!!

L to R: Me with my double chin holding Maison, Kendy, and her sister Erin
Catching up with some old high school friends!  Old, yes.  Do we act like it, NO!  We were still as silly as we were in high school!  Loved catching up!!

L to R: Me (the double chin is BACK), Mark, and Kendy
Kendy and I got to get a picture with the bride's younger brother Mark!  On a totally random side note, I think I am going to have to do a post on looking slimmer in photos!  I mean, come on!  I look like I could really do some damage with my back end!  I could knock 'em clear in the next room!  Geez!!  

The bride FINALLY had time for an old friend!  It was about time!  I drive 8 hours to see you!  Give me some lovin'!!  

L to R: Joni, Lynn, and Me
Why is it that in every picture I am in my mouth is open?  I am either talking or laughing!!  

Finally, we ALL got to get a shot together before someone stole the bride away from us!  Literally, that's what happened!  

Kendy trying to make a new friend with Mr. Maison!

I met Kendy when I was in 8th grade and she was in 7th!  I never really thought of that before, but that's been almost 19 years!  Wow!  We met in the summer of 1993!  Crazy how time flies by!!  

I was so happy to see everyone again!  It has been about 5 years since we saw each other.  I try to stay in touch with them, but it gets so hard.  So, I hope they read this and know how much I love them and miss them!  I wish there weren't so many miles between us.  Not a goes by that I don't think about them!  

This was our last night in Ohio.

The funny part of this story is that the bride and groom got a hotel room at the same hotel we were at!  If that didn't make you laugh this will - they were right next door to us and neither one of us knew it!  Probably a good thing, I mean, it was there wedding night!! 

So, before we got on the road Sunday morning, Lynn spotted my husband and he brought her in the room to surprise me!  What a great surprise it was!  At weddings, you don't always get a lot of time to talk to the bride because she is being pulled in so many directions so I felt like this was God's way of giving me a little more time with her!  It was great!  I told my husband that if we were actually morning people, we would have missed this moment!  

Life's little moments like that, I will remember for a long time!  I do believe God had a hand in it.  I don't think it would have happened without Him.  Yes, we did get on the road later than we wanted to, but it all worked out in the end!  

So, congratulations to my dear friend Mrs Lynn York!  I am so happy for you!  

1 comment:

  1. Bek, here I am in St. Lucia- having a little down time reading this and getting a tear in my eye! So glad you were able to come and that God gave us some extra time together. You're a blessing- and if we make a road trip out west we are visiting! Hehehaha! :) Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete