The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Shopping, wrapping, and baking...oh my!!

So, Christmas is... 5 days away!  
Is everyone done with their shopping, baking, wrapping, you name it?  Well, each year, my husband and I vow to NOT wait to the last minute, but guess what?  We procrastinated  yet again this year!  Why do we do this to ourselves?  Waiting to the last minute means, last minute wrapping too and I can't tell you how much I despise the wrapping part.

I do LOVE Christmas!  I don't want you to get the wrong idea.  I DO and I am not trying to convince myself either!  It never seems that relaxing though and that is probably because of waiting to the last minute to do everything!   Aaaahhhh!!!  

Ostkaka
Well, I know there is one thing I do LOVE about Christmas and that is the yummy food.  Now, on my Mom's side (the Swedes) we have pickled herrings, potato sausage, and a yummy dessert called Ostkaka, which is a Swedish cheesecake (very different from American cheesecake) ALONG with the traditional food (ham, potatoes, green beans, etc).  The Ostkaka is very good with lingonberries poured on top of it!  If you want to read more about this dessert and how it is made, go here.  I think it is a great thing to do to incorporate a little of your heritage into the holidays!  Especially for the younger kids.   
Swedish Potato Sausage
With the holidays, comes a lot of eating.  It is NEVER a good time to diet.  I mean, I could never have the willpower to just have one helping of cheesy potatoes or green bean casserole.  To all of you who DO have the willpower to say NO to all the extras and 2nd helpings, good for you!  

So, I guess I got a little side tracked talking about food.  So, I better get to some baking, shopping, and possibly some wrapping, but I may have to sweet talk my husband into doing that for me!  Love him so much!!  

So God Yul and Gott Nytt År!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great - nice to read this blog.I will put ypur blog on my bloglist:
    http://ekristinam.blogspot.com
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah girl! A woman after my own heart! Cheesy Pototos and green bean casserole! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete