The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Meteorologist rant

So, no school today for my 4th grader.  As I look outside I see some dangerous weather conditions of heavy rain, so I am very thankful that the school was extra cautious in canceling school today.  The lovely meteorologists (always right, never wrong about the weather, right) first said we were to get 4-6 inches of snow, than said 4-8, but now I read 2-4 inches of snow.  Really???  Half the time when they say 4-8 inches of snow I always assume we will get half of what they predict!  I also think they are in cahoots with the grocery stores because whenever they predict a BIG storm what is the first thing people think of doing?  Making sure they have enough food at home.  So, the stores are always packed the day before the BIG storm.  Now, I am not saying that the meteorologist are ALWAYS wrong, but they have never been 100% accurate either!  


So, as I look outside at the wetness due to the rain, I hope we get a lot of snow since school was canceled due to the weather prediction.  We are to receive this dangerous snow storm around 11:00 a.m. this morning.  Well, it is 10:10 a.m. and guess what we are getting?  Some heavy RAIN!  It is dangerous outside folks!  We might just get a little wet!!  

At 10:25, it has officially started sleeting here in Illinois!  At about 11:00, we started to get SNOW!  Now that I am a SAHM, I love to watch the snow come down.  I think the thought of being home with little ones and knowing that I don't have to go slip and sliding around in it calms me.  


So, fellow meteorologists who I ranted about... it looks like you might have been right after all.  Was it a good thing for my son's school to cancel.  Yes, it was.  I certainly do NOT want him riding on a bus on some country roads in this weather!!  Good call school!  





No comments:

Post a Comment