The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Today is the day...

Today is the day.  I wish I could finish that sentence...
Today is the day... that the Lord has made!


Even though that is true, today is the day that my 9 year old son has to get 2 teeth pulled!  Is he excited about it?  I would be lying to all of you if I said YES, yes he is!!  He woke up at 6:00 this morning, all dressed raring to go!  I would be lying to you, so he is NOT excited about one bit.  I mean, seriously, who would be?  I have never had a tooth pulled in my life and I hope I never do.  My son is 9 and terrified of shots!  I mean, he cries just talking about it happening.  So, as a mother, I am NOT looking forward to taking him today.  Why?  Well, I think it's the thought of your baby (yes, he's 9, but he's still my baby) going through pain.  I always joke with him and tell him that maybe he should not have mouthed off to me earlier, but he doesn't like that!  I try to make light of any situation!  It is necessary though to proceed with the next step and that is braces so this has to be done!  He wishes he didn't have the teeth he has, but he does, but he doesn't have to.  Do I want to pay the money to get it done?  NO.  Do I want him to be able to have nice senior pictures?  Yes.  Do I want him to be proud of his teeth as an adult?  Yes.  Do I want him to be embarrassed of his teeth when he gets older?  NO!  Those are reasons why I choose to spend the money on getting those two teeth pulled now.


So, as I was in the shower this (since that is the ONLY place I seem to have peace AND quiet), I prayed to God to help my son be brave.  I also prayed to for Him for help me be there for my son.

So, Pete did GREAT!  I was and am so proud of how he did.  I seriously thought that I would have to hold his legs down, but he kept them perfectly still!  He got a FREE scoop of Whitey's ice cream out of the deal too.  Not too shabby.  I told him that if he didn't want it, I could always take it!  He would not have that though!


So, we bought some soft food for him to eat (ice cream, yogurt, spaghettios, jello, mac n cheese) and headed home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment