The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Cleaning schedule and sticking to it

Now this is more like how I look when I have to clean.  There are those people who LOVE to clean, but I am NOT one of them!!

New Year's resolution - creating a cleaning schedule AND sticking to it for more than a month.  It is so easy to get distracted with little ones and forget about the major mess in the toy room.  Does anyone make a cleaning schedule for the week and stick to it?  If so, please tell me how you 'stick' to it each week, I would LOVE love to hear how.  As my resolution I have made for myself, I made a list of the rooms I need to clean and then decided which day I will clean each of the rooms.  

I am NEVER ever this happy about cleaning!   

Here is what I have planned to clean weekly:

MONDAY:
Abigail's room
Living room (upper)
Hallway

TUESDAY:
Master bedroom
Laundry room

WEDNESDAY:
Entryway
Bathrooms 1 & 2/mop

THURSDAY:
Toy room
Peter's room
Living room (lower)

FRIDAY:
Kitchen/mop
Taking tree down (Yes, I am finally getting to it)

SATURDAY:
Storage closet (organizing it and finding a place for all the Christmas decos again)

I have found that it is easier for me to make a list of which rooms I want to clean on that day or else I won't get it done.  I also find that it is easier to designate a day to a certain room(s) and spend the whole day there picking up, dusting, vacuuming, and throwing things away.  I also find that it is easier to clean my 9 year old boys' room when he is at school because he would tend to keep EVERYTHING and not toss out!  

Oh and does anyone have 'that' table where things get set?  Please say I am NOT the only one with a table like that.  

Well, hope you have just as much cleaning this week as I will.  

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could make some kind of dry erase board or index card schedule so you could move stuff or erase it as you got done. I always find being able to check things off a list makes me more motivated.

    Here's some Pinterest examples:
    http://indulgy.com/post/AIuzy9d2E1/weekly-schedule#/do/page/1

    This isn't exactly cleaning, but creating visual cards & a calendar you can move stuff around as needed:
    http://niederfamily.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-creating-visual-schedule.html

    I can picture something in my head but can't quite describe it or find a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh yes I have THAT table! I swear it's sooo annoying isn't it?!?!?! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my resolutions as well. I wrote this post about it if you want to check it out.
    http://www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com/2013/01/goal-two-get-my-house-organized.html

    ReplyDelete