The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Swing to Crib

My 5 month old son finally started sleeping in the crib this weekend!  You are probably wondering where has he been sleeping?  The bassinet?  NO.  In our bed?  NO.  He has been sleeping in his Fisher Price swing!  Don't judge me.  I think every mother gets into that desperate mode.  That was exactly where I was. He wasn't sleeping in the bassinet or with us.  The swing just started to work.  

 At first, I was a little embarrassed by it and didn't tell people where Maison was actually sleeping.  I mean, let's be honest, there are a lot of Moms out there, I am sad to say, that are judgmental on how other Moms parent.  Its sickening!   I will be honest, I can be one of those myself.  Finally, I just started telling people the truth and laughing about it.


Here he is!  This has been his bed for about 5 months!  Don't you think he is getting a little big?  Yeah.   When the swing hardly moves even after you have put NEW batteries in, it's time to relocate him to bigger and more spacious and most importantly, room to grow!





So, here is the little man now in his NEW bed - the crib!  He looks so much more peaceful and comfortable!    The transition was hard, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  


Now, on to getting our 3 year old from coming into our bed at all hours of the night!  Any suggestions??  She is a thrasher so we are open to anything you've got!

2 comments:

  1. Ian slept in his bouncy seat for the first 6 weeks of his life! Haha!!! Any way to make them sleep when they are that little is awesome!!! He's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son slept: in his stroller, with his dad walking him through the fog at night, or in his car seat, with his dad driving him around through the night.

    It was the only sleep opportunity I managed to get. He was waking every 90 minutes; had to be carried continuously; was colicky; and so many other things that made life a "joy".

    Problem now: he's grown; there's no time for cuddles, hugs and such, as he no longer lives under our roof. Cherish those awkward moments while they exist. They'll pass (and, wow, do I ever sound old)

    ReplyDelete