The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My family the guinea pigs - part 2

I always like to try new recipes out with my family.  I hate the same old meals, meatloaf, tuna casserole, etc.  I'm not saying I don't like those (my husband actually LOVES tuna casserole), but I need a change. I try slow-cooker meals, casserole dishes, and grilling recipes!  So, tonight, my lovely guinea pigs will be eating Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff.

This is the before pic with all the goodness in the crock pot!  Can I just say I love LOVE the crock pot liners!!  I don't know if it was a man or a woman who invented them, but I would like to think it was a woman because it just makes sense to me!  Anyway, it saves me a lot of time in the kitchen and I LOVE that!  Which reminds me, I need more...  Crock pot lines that is, but time would be good too!!

Ok, this is the more appetizing picture with all that goodness cooked up and ready to eat!  Yep, it was delicious!  There was enough for leftovers the next day!  I don't know about you, but if I make a good dinner the night before, I want to make sure I have it the next day!  It beats eating chicken nuggets, hot dogs or fish sticks with my daughter!

Was it delicious?  I thought so.  What did my think of it?  Well, my husband thought it needed a little more zip, which I had to agree!  So, I always turn to my little friend, Worcestershire Sauce.  Yep, Wo always takes care of bland foods!  Here is the recipe for those who want to try it too:




cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
 1/4 cup water 
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 
package (8 ounces) sliced white mushrooms (about 3 cups) 
medium onions, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) 
cloves garlic, minced 
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 
boneless beef bottom round steak (about 2 pounds), cut into thin strips 
cup sour cream 
package (12 ounces) medium egg noodles (about 7 cups), cooked and drained 
Chopped fresh parsley (optional) 
How to Make It
  • 1
    Stir the soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, onions, garlic and black pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker.  Add the beef and stir to coat.
  • 2
    Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.  Stir the sour cream in the cooker.  Serve the beef mixture with the noodles.  Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.

    It doesn't matter if you try this meal or another one, as long as you eat with your family!  I think it's a rare thing for families to eat dinner together these days.  I always remember eating dinner with my family when I was younger.  My parents would always ask how my day was and I had any homework?  Well, of course there was homework!  How was my day?  Probably not that great now BECAUSE I had homework!  Anyway, I now do the same with my 4th grader at dinner time.  He doesn't really tell me much though.  Everyday is "fine" or "ok".  Hope your kids are a little more talkative than mine!

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! I'm going to pin it!!! I agree! I think it's so important for families to eat together. We always did too and i know i was closer to my parents because of it!

    ReplyDelete