The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Breakfast on the go

I am so happy that Halloween is over with, but now I have ALL this candy sitting around and tempting me!  So, I thought it was a good time for this recipe.  I absolutely love LOVE fruit smoothies!! 

 I don't know about you guys, but it is so hard for me to sit down and have a bowl of cereal without it getting soggy!  I can't even have1 cup of coffee right now (since I am nursing) without having to warm it up because my children keep distracting me and other things (making lunches, dirty diapers, laundry, you name it).  So, I am always up for quick and easy ways to have a breakfast.  So, I decided to try this Berry Breakfast Smoothie I found here.  Some smoothies have the protein powder in it and I was doing that too until I saw on the label that it wasn't recommended for nursing women!  

So, I halved the recipe since it was originally 5 servings.  


DELISH!!

Here it is:  breakfast on the go!  I absolutely LOVED it!  It was so good and energizing!  Just what I needed for a Monday.  I plan on having another one tomorrow!  I must warn you that, because it is SO good, I found myself getting a brain freeze from drinking it so fast!  Little sips only!  


Now, here are the numbers you are wanting to see:
Serving size: 1 cup 
141 calories
1 g fat (1 g saturated fat)
3 mg cholesterol
 39 mg sodium
 31 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
4 g protein


Would love to hear what you do for breakfast when time is limited and any good smoothies you like!





1 comment: