The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Hush Little Baby...All Night Long

Awhile back I wrote about Maison not wanting to sleep in his crib instead, he was sleeping in his swing.  You can read more about it here.

Out of all three of our kids, he is the worst sleeper.  He is NOT the best sleeper at night.  Last night I thought I would get a good bedtime routine started.  These are the steps that I took to ensure that I would get a good night sleep.

1 - Fed him supper (yummy homemade sweet potatoes and homemade pears)

2 - We played on the floor for about 20 minutes or so.

3 - Bath time!

4 - Massaged lotion on him and really TRIED to relax him.

5 - Dressed him in his pjs,

6 - Gave him a little mashed up banana.  Anything to fill up that little belly before bed and get him to sleep through the night, right?

7 - Nursed him and kept trying to "top" him off.  Yeah, I compare my son's belly to a gas tank.  Anything to help him go a few extra 'miles' at night!

8 - I laid him down in his crib about 8:00 p.m.

So, how do you think the bedtime routine went?  Well, not as well as I had hoped I am afraid.  He woke back up and 9 - WIDE AWAKE.  My husband went in there and tried to get him back to sleep, but about 15-20 minutes later, not a chance.  So, finally I went back in there and tried to feed him a little more and laid him back down at around 10:00.

Don't think that's the end of the story.  He woke up AGAIN at 1:00 a.m!  I did not feed him though (I don't think I did anyway - I was half asleep).

He didn't wake up again until 7:30 in the morning which is good.  I am happy with that.  I was up with Peter at 7 anyway to get him on the bus by 8.

My question to all of you Moms - what else can I do?  Is this just a phase that he will hopefully (praying this will happen soon) grow out of?  Is this due to teething (no teeth yet)?  I am exhausted.  I want to sleep. I don't want to come off selfish, but is it too much to ask for a couple good nights sleep?  I am going to try the routine over and over again and hope that he will understand what's going on.  I just think he would be a much happier baby if he got a good night sleep like he is supposed to.  Yes, I would be a much happier Mommy too!










No comments:

Post a Comment