The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No Bake Energy Bites! May I have another??

So, I love Pinterest!  Am I addicted to it?  Well, that's a tough question.  Do I get on it everyday?  Why, yes I do.  Do I get most of my recipes and tips from Pinterest?  Yes I do.  Am I in denial about being a Pinterest addict?  Yes, I probably am.  Hello, my name is Rebekah and I am addicted to Pinterest!  I LOVE PINNING!!  There, I feel so much better getting it out there!  Where was I?  There are so many great recipes on there!  For example, I found a recipe for No Bake Energy Bites found at this yummy site.  


They look delicious right?  Well, not only are they delicious, but they are also easy to make!  No oven required!  Which is a plus in my book!  I always find it so hard to try and make and bake cookies with the little ones (which is why it doesn't happen very happen-sad but true).  These are easy to do.  You can mix everything up and pop the bowl in the fridge and come back when the little boogers are napping!  So, I did tweak the recipe slightly.  I didn't have any flax seed, but surprisingly I had some wheat germ (I actually bought it to put in my yogurt, but gagged on the taste of it) so I used that.  It called for a 1/2 cup of wheat germ, but due to my history with it, I only put a 1/4 cup.  Next time I make it I will go for the 1/2 cup!  I was thinking about putting in natural peanut butter versus the regular, but I felt that the regular peanut butter would mix up better.


So, now the test - do they give me energy?  Well, after I tried a couple three or four, I feel pretty good!  So, check out the recipe and make them!  The test will be when Peter gets home from school.  I will let you know what a 9 year old thinks of them! 


2 comments: